Minimum educational achievement of CC and working toward CL, current active membership in a District 12 Toastmasters Club is required to earn your QS rating. Maintain membership and be active in at least one Toastmaster club in District 12 is required to retain your QS rating here.
Requirements to earn your QS rating include:
- Minimum educational achievement of CC and working toward CL, current active membership in a District 12 Toastmasters Club.
- Attend a minimum of five Speakers Bureau meetings to ensure meeting format familiarity and expectations of the qualifying speech process.
- Must have a Qualified Speaker Mentor; After your Mentor recommends you are ready to give your qualifying speech forward your speech title, a synopsis and your introduction, to the Speakers Bureau co-chairs at least 6 weeks prior to the presentation date.
- Qualifying speeches will be 15 to 20 minutes in length.
- Qualified Speakers will evaluate speeches, both verbally and written.
- A speaker will become qualified by a 2/3 vote of attending qualified speakers.
- If approved, the speaker is added to the Speakers Bureau Qualified Speaker list and must submit a bio to
the Biography Chair (see maintaining Qualified Speaker Status).
- If not approved, speaker may make a second attempt at least two months following the first attempt
Requirements to retain your QS rating include:
- Maintain membership and be active in at least one Toastmaster club in District 12.
- Participate in the Speakers Bureau Program once in three years.
- Support clubs, areas, divisions and the district by speaking when asked –at least once throughout the Toastmaster year.
- Attend at least six meetings every twelve months which includes Speakers Bureau and other functions such as: TLI presentations, Super Saturday and speaking to community groups. Any exemptions determined by Speakers Bureau Chair.
- Help mentor aspiring Qualified Speakers.
- Be a positive role model for Toastmasters, Speakers Bureau and the Community.
- Potential Qualified speakers will be voted in by current Qualified Speakers. Speaker will be notified of successful or failed attempt by Speakers Bureau chair within 48 hours.